Best Car Filters…
Discover the car filters you need to keep your car breathing and running like a Champion:
CAR FILTERS AND WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO CHANGE THEM
Car filters are a must if you want your beloved car to run like a Booster. When one of your filters gets clogged, it can cause problems and affect performance. You may notice a loss of power, dirty smoke, oil light or even engine failure. In this article, we’ll look at the different filters in your car and why you need to consider car filter replacing regularly.
- Air Filter Looks Dirty
- A new air filter will be white or an off-white color. As dirt accumulates in the filter, it will turn darker. If your filter looks dark, be sure to switch it with a new one. Sometimes the inner layers will have dirt that is not easy to spot. A mechanic can check if this is the case.
- Check Engine Light Turns On
- The Check Engine Light can come on for many different reasons, and sometimes it is due to the air filter. If there isn’t enough air, carbon can build up and trigger the warning light. Your mechanic can check what triggered the warning sign when you take the car in for maintenance.
- Lower Horsepower
- The car will jerk when you press the gas or won’t respond as well as before if there isn’t enough air. Replacing the air filter should improve this problem.
- Black, Sooty Smoke Leaving the Exhaust Pipe
- Fuel may not burn the way it needs to if there’s a lack of oxygen. If you see this, the air filter needs to be cleaned or replaced right away. Popping sounds or flames at the end of the tailpipe also warns of this problem and can be very hazardous. Take your car to maintenance if you notice this immediately.
- Smell of Gas When the Engine Starts
- If you are smelling gas when you start up your car, you need to replace your air filter. The fuel that didn’t get burned from its lack of air will exit through the tailpipe and leave that smell.
Sometimes I feel as if my vehicle will continue to run forever without any maintenance ( I wish). However, this is not the reality with any vehicle, every vehicle needs to be well- maintained. In this article we will be focusing on why it’s important to change your vehicle filters – it might sound boring, but it’s necessary boring, simply because a lot of drivers on the road underestimate how important it is to regularly maintain their vehicle filters. Here is everything you need to know about the different vehicle filters inside your vehicle and why they should ALWAYS be properly maintained.
A while ago, I had the opportunity to help with hurricane disaster relief efforts, and it was an incredibly eye-opening and humbling experience. The people that we helped had lost everything they owned to floodwaters that were 8 feet high in some areas of the house and also Importance of Car Filters. To add insult to injury, they were not allowed back in their houses for a few weeks after the storm as they waited for the floodwaters to subside. This extra waiting period caused dangerous mold and bacteria to spawn and spread throughout the house, and the smell was, at times, overpowering
Get to know the filters in your car
Every car has four main filters: the cabin filter, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. The function of all these filters is to enable flows and catch impurities: the dust and contaminants in the air, the impurities in the fuel or the dirt in the motor oil. If your car filters are not replaced in time, they won’t work properly and in the end, it could cause an impact on the mechanics. By replacing your filters, your car will be more efficient. Let’s take a closer look:
Signs that Your Air Filter Needs Replacing
If you’re not conscious about your air filter, you could run into some pretty nasty problems. If the filter is exceptionally dirty, your engine has to work harder than it should to pull the same amount of air through the filter. When it’s working that hard, it might even force some particulates through or around the filter, which can cause damage to your engine. You also run the risk of lowering your fuel economy. If you notice that you have a higher RPM than normal, or a harder time accelerating, it’s probably time to replace or clean the filter.
How to Change Your Air Filter?
It’s possible that your air filter just needs a good cleaning, so before you buy a new one, take a look at your existing air filter. If it doesn’t look too bad, you can use an air compressor with an air hose attachment to blow away the dust and debris. it is a cotton or gauze filter, you need to follow the special instructions on your air filter cleaning kit for cleaning and re-oiling. If it looks pretty gnarly, go through the following steps to replace it with a new one Importance of Car Filters.
- Buy the filter. You can order your new filter online or go to an auto parts store to make your purchase. Make sure to look up your car’s make, model, and engine size either online or in your owner’s manual before you buy anything, though. The same car can come with different engine sizes, so you don’t want to buy the wrong size air filter for your particular engine.
- Look under the hood. You should see a fairly large box that has at least one large hose coming out of it. The filter box is pretty easy to access in most vehicles, but some of the fancier/newer models have this box down underneath other hoses and electrical wiring. If you’re not confident that you can put everything back the way you found it, make sure to go to your trusted mechanic instead of doing it yourself.
- Remove and replace. This is probably the easiest step. Open the air filter box, remove the old filter, replace it with the new one, and close the air filter box. Be careful not to unplug any wiring or hoses while you do this.
Keeping your air filter in proper working order isn’t difficult. Just make sure to be vigilant about it to keep your car in tip-top shape. And must learn about Car Filters.